BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Where Should I start........

Well I am going to be using my blog a little more often, not sure if anyone actually reads these but, not going to use Facebook, not deleting it though just because I have many family members on there but not using it for posting etc. I am very tired of people using it for gossip/taking things out of context/etc. I usually don't let the grapevine bother me but just getting fed up. People talk (most of it probably lies) because the definition of Gossip is idle talk or rumor, IDLE TALK-- idle or foolish and irrelevant talk, RUMOR---A piece of unverified information of uncertain origin usually spread by word of mouth /Unverified information received from another; hearsay. See my point, Gossiping is like lying there may be some facts in there but for the most part it is a lie. The Bible also talks about gossiping 1 Timothy 5:13 KJV And withal they learn to be idle, wandering about from house to house; and not only idle, but tattlers also and busybodies, speaking things which they ought not. Leviticus 19:16 KJV Thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people: neither shalt thou stand against the blood of thy neighbour: I am the LORD. Even God dislikes gossip, personally I consider it a SIN because one of the 10 commandments is THOU SHALT NOT LIE and Gossip is for the most part a lie. Anyways that is my thought for today :)

1 comments:

Kim said...

Very well stated, and good thought btw :). Also Phil. 4:8 tells us what we should dwell on rather than all the gossip. Bring back the blog!!! :)