BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Ten years ago today.........

Ten Years ago today devastation struck our nation and our hearts, I was at my aunts house with my Grandma and my aunts husband came storming up the stairs yelling about planes hitting New York, and turning on the TV, we watched everything after the first plane hit. I remember my heart sinking and not sure what to think. I think for many Americans it woke them up, realizing this nation is not indestructible. Last October my husband and I went to NYC and visited ground zero, being there is indescribable, there is a very sad, heavy feeling seeing how big everything is/was, seeing the memorials, seeing the church that stood and still stands next to ground zero (also being the same exact church that President George Washington went to everyday to pray), seeing the new FREEDOM tower. FREEDOM tower, that is another subject, I know that they are building for a Memorial/replacement, but I think for most people they are looking at it for some kind of freedom from the devastation of 9/11, war, and what was lost. Which to me is even more sad than 9/11, these people are putting their faith and freedom in objects, objects won't give you freedom. If you want true FREEDOM only GOD can give it to you. 9/11 will always be a day of remembrance but it also reminds me and should all of us that that my ETERNAL FREEDOM is in JESUS CHRIST not in people or objects.

These are a couple videos of 9/11 tribute, enjoy.





0 comments: