BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Saving the $$ and going a little more Natural

No I am not a naturalist :) but there are things I am going more natural on and saving a lot of $$. I started making my own laundry soap a few months ago which has saved me a lot of money, I am starting to make my own dish detergent for the dishwasher which only takes 3 ingredients two of which are in the laundry soap so I already have the stuff to make it. Making my own handsoaps, foaming hand wash, and making one bar of soap in three bottles of body wash (less chemicals more natural and ends up being $0.40 per bottle. I have also stopped washing mine and my daughters hair I know some people are like GROSS I know I was at first when I heard about it but I started doing my research and was amazed at the ingredients in shampoo that can harm your hair and skin and the way it affects your scalps natural production of oils and how your hair will over product oils. I have very sensitive skin and used to get very oily hair near the scalp and very dry ends and have frizzy curly wavy hair. I started or tried starting back in October and from my research was warned that it would take a few weeks for your hair to detox, I guess I didn't have patience after a little over a week I was going crazy so washed it and just washed it 2 times a week didn't help. So at the beginning of the year I decided to try it once again and have stuck to it. Yes I do wash it but its not with shampoo's its with a baking soda water and essential oil for fragrance mixture. My hair is very soft, silky, and it is not frizzy which is something I am excited for. I will be honest for the first several weeks while my hair/scalp detoxed it was hard not to wash it but I am glad I gave it time. Now I wash 1-2 times a week with the baking soda mixture and especially after Sunday's because of church extra hairspray etc. I recommend it for everyone my daughters hair is gorgeous and silky soft also.

0 comments: